I have always been a brownie lover, but to be honest, since I started eating healthier I have kept this yummy dish off my menu. How sad is that?! Everyone needs some brownie in their life. Well, now I can! Right now as the holiday season begins to appear, and I know it will come fast…it is my goal to be better prepared for all those dinner parties and gatherings. These Espresso’ My Mint Cacao Brownies are perfect for that task. They freeze beautifully! You could even go as far as topping them with a raw Chocolate Ganache frosting or even a raw caramel frosting. No matter how you dress them up or not, I promise you and your guests won’t be disappointed!
- 2 cups medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 cups raw walnut pieces, soaked
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup mint, minced
- 1 shot of espresso
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs (more or less to taste)
- Place walnuts in a food processor and grind for a couple of seconds to form a coarse flour. Be careful to not over process which releases to much of the oil from the nuts .
- Add cacao powder and salt – pulse till mixed.
- While machine is running, add the espresso, mint and dates until a moist, crumb-like dough has formed.
- Spread into an 9×9 inch pan, sprinkle with cacao nibs, and press firmly into a solid brownie layer.
- Chill for 30 minutes and cut into bite-size squares and serve.
- Store in fridge to extend shelf life. These are great to freeze as well for those unexpected guests~
- Makes about 2 dozen small squares. More or less, depending on the size you choose.