Well, this was sort of like the Last Supper…alas it is Mom’s last breakfast here at the Nouveau Raw Inn. Soon she will be back home in Alaska, and I miss her already. The idea for this porridge came from Heathereatsalmonds. I made a few modifications to make it a totally raw recipe but I loved her idea! Be sure to check out her site. This is a very rich porridge, so rich in fact that Mom wasn’t able to eat it all in one sitting, unlike the other ones that I have made for her over the past week. I love the fact that it has nutritional yeast in it, I am a huge fan of the stuff and it gives this porridge a very unique flavor. Cookie Dough Oat Porridge almost seems like a dessert! You could always use different nut butters if you wanted to.
- 1/2 cup raw gluten-free oats
- 1 cup nut milk (divided into 1/2 cup measurements)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast ( I love the Gold Star brand )
- 1 Tbsp raw peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 packet stevia or a sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Blend 1/2 cup of the nut milk with the oats and chia seeds & refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour to thicken. If you make it the night before, go ahead and just keep it in the blender container to cut down on dishes.
- Come morning take the blender and add the remaining 1/2 cup milk, stevia, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Blend on high.
- Turn blender speed to low and add nutritional yeast and 1 Tbsp chocolate chips. You don’t want the nutritional yeast to get completely obliterated because it adds that gritty cookie dough-like texture.
- Top with remaining chocolate and peanut butter. I sprinkled a few extra oats on top as well.