Cookie Dough Oat Porridge (raw, vegan, GF)
Add to favorites
Well, this was sort of like the Last Supper…alas it is Mom’s last breakfast here at the Nouveau Raw Inn. Soon she will be back home in Alaska, and I miss her already.
The idea for this porridge came from Heathereatsalmonds. I made a few modifications to make it a totally raw recipe but I loved her idea! Be sure to check out her site.
This is a very rich porridge, so rich in fact that Mom wasn’t able to eat it all in one sitting, unlike the other ones that I have made for her over the past week.
I love the fact that it has nutritional yeast in it, I am a huge fan of the stuff and it gives this porridge a very unique flavor. Cookie Dough Oat Porridge almost seems like a dessert! You could always use different nut butters if you wanted to. Enjoy your morning!
- 1/2 cup raw gluten-free oats
- 1 cup nut milk (divided into 1/2 cup measurements)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast ( I love the Gold Star brand )
- 1 Tbsp raw peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 packet stevia or a sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch Himalayan pink salt
- pinch ground Ceylon cinnamon
- Blend 1/2 cup of the nut milk with the oats and chia seeds & refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour to thicken. If you make it the night before, go ahead and just keep it in the blender container to cut down on dishes.
- Come morning take the blender and add the remaining 1/2 cup milk, stevia, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Blend on high.
- Turn blender speed to low and add nutritional yeast and 1 Tbsp chocolate chips. You don’t want the nutritional yeast to get completely obliterated because it adds that gritty cookie dough-like texture.
- Top with remaining chocolate and peanut butter. I sprinkled a few extra oats on top as well.