Raw Creamy Oatmeal Porridge
Add to favorites
Since this porridge requires but a little (very little) prep time, it will be a breeze come morning to pull this dish together. My mother is here visiting and I made this for her breakfast and she just loved it.
She said it hit the spot perfectly. And it was so easy to make she will probably make it once she gets home, for her it has to be easy or it just won’t happen. :)
Ingredients: yields 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup raw, gluten-free rolled oats (soak)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 chopped apple, peeled and cored
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp raisins or your favorite dried fruit
- 1 Tbsp honey (or agave if vegan)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Soak oats overnight and then drain, rinsing them till the water runs clear.
- In blender combine the oats, chia seeds, water, and raisins. Blend till creamy.
- Add the chopped apple, cinnamon and salt. Blend till creamy.
- Optional: Top porridge with more raisins , diced apple, and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.