Morning Burst PorridgeAdd to favorites
I really love it when my mom comes to visit. One of the many reasons is that I get to make all sorts of new breakfast recipes for her! I even had her name this recipe. She said that the dehydrated buckwheat reminded her of Pop Rocks Candy and added a great crunch to this porridge. :) Along with the crunch of the coconut flakes, she said there was an amazing burst of flavor in her mouth. This recipe makes quite a hearty and filling serving. If you can’t eat it all, that’s ok, just place the leftovers in the fridge and enjoy it as a snack later in the day.
- 1 cup almond nut milk or water
- 1/3 cup raw rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp carob powder
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- dash of sea salt
- Topping; craisins, buckwheat (soaked and dehydrated) and shredded coconut – All optional
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or even overnight.
- Garnish and enjoy!
- If you have nut allergies, just feel free to omit the walnuts.
- Please make sure that your banana is nice and ripe, it will lend more sweetness and it will be easier on your digestive system.
- I used raw carob powder because I am finding myself to be a bit sensitive to cacao. If you use cacao instead be prepared to add in some sweetener such as agave or honey. Raw cacao is very bitter.