Peanut Butter and Jam Oatmeal
Add to favorites
Just this morning I made this recipe for Mom and she said that it was just like eating candy. Those were her exact words, candy can you believe it? Within minutes she had devoured every bit of this sweet porridge. haha, it was great to watch. I loved, no wait , I LOVED peanut butter and jelly sandwiches growing up so making this adult version took me right back to my childhood. This is a very filling breakfast that will help you carry on throughout your day! And maybe make you feel like a kid too. :)
- 1/2 cup raw gluten-free oats
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk or water
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw peanut butter (to be added right at serving time)
- 2 Tbsp raw jam (to be added right at serving time)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt, if desired
- Blend oats, chia seeds, salt, vanilla and milk in a medium size bowl.
- Set aside for 1 hour or over-night if you have hectic mornings.
- Layer your oat batter, peanut butter and jam in a jar, bowl or glass. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 cups date paste
- 1 cups strawberries, organic (this time I had to use frozen ones that were thawed and it worked perfectly)
- In your food processor or blender combine the two ingredients and blend till nice and creamy. Or you can stop it sooner if you want a more chunky style.
- Store in glass containers in the fridge. This will make a bit more than what is needed just for this recipe, but that’s ok….it’s great to have on hand. It will keep for 7+ days.