Fruity Chia Porridge (raw, vegan, GF)
Add to favorites
I love finding recipes that I can add to the weekly menu and this is one of them. It is creamy, smooth, light, fruity and very filling. If you are new to using chia seeds, they are amazing. Not so much in taste, in fact they don’t have any taste. But they benefit the body by delivering maximum nutrients with minimum calories, promotes digestion, and energy.
One of the amazing characteristics that make chia so unique is the fact they absorb up to 10 times its own weight in water. This helps to prolong hydration within the body and also slows digestion which keeps you feeling fuller longer. Enjoy.
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- 1 large apple, organic
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
- Soak the chia seeds in 1/2 -1 cup of water for at least 30 minutes prior to adding to the rest of the ingredients. You could even soak overnight so you are ready for morning.
- If you use 1/2 cup of water the porridge will be very thick. If you want it thinner, you can always blend in more water later.
- Once the seeds are done soaking, place them in the blender along with the apple, banana, strawberries and cinnamon. Blend until creamy… this is a good time to add more water if you want to thin it out some.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.