I am always looking for a raw food with a “crunch” to it for my salads or just for a snack. These little morsels taste heavenly! Coconut “Bacon” Bits are wonderful. I will admit that they don’t taste 100% like bacon bits but pretty darn close. As they are drying out in the dehydrator, it will fill your house with the smell of bacon though! They are highly addictive. You can taste a bit of coconut but regardless, they are yummy.
- 3 cups large flake, unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Secret Raw Aminos
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional, but recommended)
- Place all of the ingredients in medium sized bowl and with your hands mix everything together until the coconut is well coated.
- Spread the mixture on the teflex sheet that comes with your dehydrator and dehydrate on 105 degrees until crispy. This took approx. 2 hours.
- Store in a glass sealed container
(3 cups=48 Tbsp)
- Calories 1671
- Fat 146 grams
- Carbs 73 grams
- Fiber 26 grams
- Protein 13 grams
- Calories 35
- Fat 3 grams
- Carbs 1.5 grams
- Fiber .5 grams
- Protein .3 grams