I made these sweet pecans just for Bob. Whenever we have a salad in a restaurants he always enjoys them sprinkled with nuts. It never dawned on me that they were glazed and that is why he liked them so much. Well, shoot, I can glaze them too! Not to mention keeping them raw and healthier. Move over “restaurant glazed nuts”…there is a new nut in town! lol
- 2 cups raw pecans, soaked
- 2 Tbsp yacon syrup**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of sea salt
- Sweetener: I prefer yacon for this recipe because it is raw and has a molasses flavor but you could use honey or agave as well.
- Soak pecans overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Spread the pecans on a dry towel and blot them dry before placing in a bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients along with the pecans and stir until the pecans are well coated.
- Spread on the non-stick dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 105 degree for 12-20 hours or until dry. If you don’t have non-stick sheets you can use parchment paper. Don’t use wax paper.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place.