Add to favorites
These turned out amazing. Not much to say on this one. That one sentence about sums it up. :)
- 5 cups cashew flour**
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour**
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
**To make cashew and oat flour – separately process them in the food processor until they reach a fine powder consistency. When doing this with nuts be watchful so you don’t over process creating a “nut butter!”
- Mix the cashew flour, oat flour, salt and cinnamon together in medium size bowl by hand.
- Add the water, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well, using your hands if needed.
- Spread the batter on the teflex sheet that comes with the dehydrator, about 1/8″ – 1/4″ thick.
- Dehydrate at 115 (F)F degrees for 4 hours. Score the crackers into the desired shape and size.
- Once dry enough, transfer to the mesh sheet that comes with the dehydrator to help speed up the drying process. To do this, place a mesh screen on top of the crackers, followed by a dehydrator tray, creating a sandwich with the crackers in the center. Flip the trays over, remove the dehydrator tray and now peel off the teflex sheet. The bottom of the crackers should be facing up now.
- Dehydrate another 6 hours or until dry and separate the pieces.
- Keep well sealed, at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Recipe by: Matthew Kenney