My husband needed some sweet loving… so that’s exactly what I dished up! With each passing day, I find myself amazed how fast the days are flying by. We have so many new adventures taking place in our life that I rarely remember going to bed or even waking up… am I coming or going? Did I put that plate down or was I just picking it up? Ever have one of those days? Regardless of how hectic things are, it is important that we stop to remember those special people in our lives, the one’s who make us smile and warm our hearts. My husband… the man of my dreams. He stands beside me through everything, gives me strength, and gives me encouragement. Sometimes I have to just slow down a tad and tell him how much I love and appreciate him! If you have a special “somebody” in your life… stop what you are doing (that means reading this post) and go tell them, call them, whatever it is you need to do to get them within earshot. Life is too short to let these moments slip by. Then come back and make this recipe and serve them some sweet loving!
Ingredients: yields 8×8 pan
- 3 cups raw walnuts (soaked & dehydrated)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 16 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 tsp filtered water
- 3 bananas, ripe, mashed
- caramel sauce (see below for recipe)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (for topping)
- Place the walnuts and salt in a food processor fitted with the S-blade process until finely ground. Add salt and cacao powder and give it a few pulses to mix.
- Add the dates, vanilla, extract, water and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Line a 8×8 cake pan with a parchment-paper or lightly grease with coconut oil
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pan and distribute it evenly. Press down with your hand to compact.
- Mash bananas with a fork and spread it on the cake layer.
- Place in dehydrator at 145 degrees for 1 hour if you want to serve it warmed or just eat, dehydration is not necessary.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on the cake then drizzle caramel sauce on top and serve!
Ingredients for caramel:
- 1/2 cup of raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw dark agave syrup
- 1/2 cup date paste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
Preparation for caramel sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a high-powdered blender and process until smooth.
- Stop occasionally to scrap the sides down.
- Store in the fridge in a glass container for approximately 2 weeks. To soften, leave out at room temperature for a few hours.