Chocolate Orange Lava Cake
Add to favorites
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate ganache (see recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp dried coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
Chocolate ganache: yields 1 cup
- 3/4 cup dark agave syrup or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Place the walnuts and salt in the food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, dried coconut, and chocolate ganache and process until it all well incorporated.
- Be creative – use different cake molds. Just press firmly into mold and pop in the freezer. Once firm, remove from mold and decorate to your liking!
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender jar with a rubber spatula.
- Pour your frosting over the cake allowing it to drip down the sides. Once you place the cake in the fridge it will harden up but at room temperature it will get soft again.
- I decorated this cake with orange segments. You could modify this recipe using any fruit of your choice.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge. It is great to not only use on cakes but also on cookies, as a dipping sauce for apples … oh come on, do I even have to offer ideas as to what to do with chocolate!