White Chocolate Cheese Cake (raw, vegan, GF)
Add to favorites
This pie turned out wonderfully. It was one of the favorites, though you might find me saying the same thing when it comes to the other pies too. This was our first attempt of making this lovely pie in our own home. I look back and I can’t really say that we would do anything different. The night before, my grandfather came over with 3 bowls. They were filled with red, yellow and purple raspberries that he had just picked from his garden. He didn’t know about us already making this pie for mom’s birthday so it was extra special that he showed up with them out of the blue. Picked with love and prepared with love. This cheesecake is completely made of raw, living foods, no dairy, no gluten, no processed sugars….no cream cheese! And you would never know it!
This recipe is brought to you by Living Light Culinary Arts Institute
Ingredients: Makes one 10” spring form pan
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6-8 Mejool dates, pitted
- 2 packs fresh raspberries, organic
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked 2 + hours
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raw agave nectar
- 3 Tbsp lecithin, powder (add at the end)
- 1 cup raw cacao butter, melted (add at the end)
- 10 oz frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup raw raw agave
- Process the almonds and the coconut flakes in a food processor outfitted with an “S” blade until finely ground.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt and pulse together.
- Add the dates one at a time until the mixture sticks together.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the spring form pan.
- Add the raspberries on the top of the crust and set aside.
- In a high speed blender, blend the cashews, almond milk, lemon juice, salt and agave till very smooth.
- Add the lecithin and melted cocoa butter and continue blending until creamy and the powders are well integrated.
- Pour the mixture on top of the prepared crust and place in the fridge to set up.
- Blend the berries and agave until smooth.
- Strain it through a milk bag to remove the seeds and pour into a squirt bottle.
- Serve each slice of cake with a little coulis.
- Option: for swirl effect on the cheesecake, place dots of the coulis around on the top of the cake, then drag a skewer or toothpick through the coulis, dragging it into the white of the cake.