Smokey Fire Roasted Red Pepper HummusAdd to favorites
This recipe is not 100% raw. I used roasted red peppers which I have to say really took this hummus to another level of flavor. Hummus is one of those foods that I definitely enjoy but rarely make and I don’t really understand why. It seems like every time I have it, I say to myself, “Where has this been all my life!” I sort of bent the rules on hummus, I left out the chickpeas (garbanzo beans), and replaced them with zucchini which turned out quite nice. Blessings…
Ingredients: yields 3 1/2 cups
- 2 cups zucchini, peeled, rough chopped
- 2 tsp ground garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 T)
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup fire roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- a squirt liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- In the blender combine the zucchini, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, salt, parsley, peppers, smoked paprika and stevia until smooth.
- While the blender is still running, drizzle in the olive oil until well combined.
- Sprinkle a pinch of paprika on top before serving.
- Keeps for 2-3 days in the fridge.