Buried Alive Muffins – Halloween (raw, GF, vegan)
Add to favorites
Halloween is a fun holiday when it comes to decorating and making creepy dishes! It is a time when you can let your hair down and let your demented side shine. haha That is exactly what did with these little morsels. I found the skeleton hands at Michael’s Craft Store and I
cut up borrowed the hands off some small dolls that I found at the second-hand store. Don’t worry, I sterilized them. :) I pressed chopped nuts on top to resemble dirt / rocks. Everyone got a real kick out of these.
Ingredients: yield 12 small muffins
- 3 cups raw pecans, soaked and dehydrated
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp raw agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp orange extract
- In a food processor (using the “s” blade) process the pecans until they turn into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until the batter holds together when you squeeze it.
- Using the 1 1/2 Tbsp cookie scoop, place a dollop of batter into muffin pan. I used a muffin pan that made mini muffins. You can use cupcake liners to help remove them once you are ready to plate them.
- Option: I had a piping bag all ready to go from a previous recipe that contained chocolate ganche frosting. I pushed the piping tip into the center of the muffins and squeezed frosting down inside the muffin.
- I then pushed in a skeleton / doll hand hand in the center of cupcake.
- Keep the muffins in an airtight container until ready to serve. You can make these well in advance, storing them in the freezer or fridge.
My husband couldn’t resist….busted!
This was just to show you that I baked some pumpkin muffins that were vegan and gluten-free as well. So, you can use this idea with many different recipes. I also wanted to share with you my kitchen helper…the mouse! As part of the decorations all around the house, I placed tons of these rubber, squishy little creatures all around the house in creepy little cracks. This particular one kept ending up in weird places in the kitchen. haha