Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Ice Cream
I am loving raw ice creams, I am loving chocolate and I am loving raw peanut butter chunks. Put this all together and you got yourself an eye rolling, mouth-watering, sinful dessert! This has turned into one my favorite ice creams. Nobody would ever guess that it was dairy and gluten-free. YUM!
Ingredients for the ice cream base:
Ice cream ingredients:
- 2 cups raw almond milk
, click here on recipe
- 2 cups of fresh, young Thai coconut meat
- 1/3 cup raw agave nectar
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp raw yacon syrup
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean pod (using only the seeds scrapped from the inside of the bean)
- 2 Tbsp raw cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups of peanut butter chunk *see recipe below*
- Put all ice cream ingredients in the blender and blend for 3 minutes. Blend until nice and creamy.
- If you have an ice cream maker, after mixture is blended, chill for about 1 hour in the freezer and then pour into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour into a Tupperware container and place in the freezer. Be sure to stir it a few times an hour until frozen.
- You can also pour it into ice cube trays and freeze. For serving just pop the ice cubes out and using your blender, blend until it is a soft serve ice cream.
- It is best to take the ice cream out of the freezer about 10 minutes ahead of time so it can have a chance to soften.
Making the peanut butter dough
- 1 cups oats, gluten-free
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, all natural
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 1/8 cup + 1 Tbsp raw cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- To make your oat flour, place 1/2 cup raw oats in the food processor and process until it becomes a fine powder.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except for the coconut oil and blend until well incorporated.
- As the food processor is running, drizzle in the melted coconut oil. You may need to stop a few times and scrap the sides and spread the dough around evenly.
- Roll into tiny balls to add to the ice cream once it is done in the ice cream machine.
Once the ice cream has gone through the ice machine or your container in the freezer is about frozen (depending on your method), add small chunks of your peanut butter dough to the ice cream. Gently stir in and freeze your ice cream.