There is something special about fresh ripe blackberries. Depending on where you live, I know they can be a challenge to find so you can always use frozen. It is best to purchase organic since berries absorb a lot of pesticides.
I found this ice cream is be rich and creamy. Not to mention vibrant their dark blackish/blue color! Blackberries have one of the highest antioxidant level to be found in fruit. They are also rich in Vitamin C and fiber, which have been shown to help reduce the risks of certain types of cancers. Blackberries are low in calories, carbohydrates and have no fat. So eat up and enjoy!
Ingredients: yields 6 cups batter
- After soaking the cashews, drain and rinse.
- In a high-powered blender add the cashews, blackberries, almond milk, honey, lemon juice and stevia. Blend until creamy. Depending on the blender, this can take 1-5 minutes. Stop the machine occasionally and test for any grit. If you feel it, keep blending.
- Place the ice cream batter in the ice cream machine and follow the manufacture directions or see below for more ideas.
- After the ice cream machine is done, place in freezer-proof container and freeze. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before eating.
- Use ice cream machine. Follow manufactures directions.
- Freeze in popsicle molds or 3 oz Dixie cups with a popsicle stick inserted.
- Freeze the ice cream in ice-cube trays. Once frozen press through a Champion Juicer, or place in a high-powered blender or process in food processor until creamy.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and stir occasionally as it freezes.
Lets get up-close and personal. :)