Mango Coconut Banana Ice Cream (raw, GF, nut-free, vegan)
Add to favorites
Ingredients: yields 3 pints
- 4 1/2 cups diced, frozen banana (4 large)
- 1/2 cup thick coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup diced, mango
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- Place the frozen banana slices, coconut cream, and salt in the food processor, fitted with the “S” blade. Process until creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and hand mix in the mango and shredded coconut.
- Place in freezer-proof container and freeze. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before eating. You can also eat this right away as a delicious soft-serve ice cream.
- Use ice cream machine. Follow manufactures directions.
- Freeze in popsicle molds or 3 oz Dixie cups with a popsicle stick inserted.
- Freeze the ice cream in ice-cube trays. Once frozen press through a Champion Juicer, or place in a high-powered blender or process in food processor until creamy.
- Pour ice cream into a freezer safe container and stir occasionally as it freezes.
I thought I would lure you in by starting off with the recipe first. Did it work? I am guessing so if you are reading this now. :) Here are a few tips to remember when making banana based ice creams. Always start off with frozen RIPE bananas. You know, the ones that have brown pocka-dots on them. Ripe bananas are sweeter and easier on your digestion. Don’t use fresh bananas, they need to be frozen.
Coconut cream is not 100% required in making this ice cream, but the fat in the coconut cream will give it a smoother texture. Without it, it will be “icy”. You can make your own with Young Thai coconuts or you can use canned. I have placed links below to help you through either process.
Bottom line, remember that the end result of a recipe will only be as good as the quality of ingredients used. Enjoy.