Raw Strawberry Coconut Banana Ice Cream
Add to favorites
Ingredients: yields 2 pints
- 2 large bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 cups sliced, organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup thick coconut cream
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place the frozen banana slices, strawberries, coconut cream, shredded coconut and salt in the food processor, fitted with the “S” blade. Process until creamy. If you want a smoother texture, transfer to the blender.
- Place in freezer-proof container and freeze. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before eating. You can also eat this right away as a delicious soft-serve ice cream.
- Use ice cream machine. Follow manufactures directions.
- Freeze in popcycle molds or 3 oz Dixie cups with a popcycle stick inserted.
- Freeze the ice cream in ice cube trays. Once frozen press through a Champion Juicer, or place in a high-powered blender or process in food processor until creamy.
- Pour ice cream into a freezer safe container and stir occasionally as it freezes.
I hope you don’t mind… I just jumped straight into the recipe! :) A few key things to keep in mind when making this recipe… Always start off with frozen RIPE bananas. Ripe bananas are sweeter and easier on the digestion. Strawberries… always, always, always, use organic strawberries. They are in the top 10 list of produce that requires being organic due to their high absorption of pesticides. Coconut cream is not 100% required in making this ice cream, but it the fat in the coconut cream will give it a smoother texture. Without it, it will be “icy”. When adding the dried coconut, you can leave it chunky or blend it smooth. I will let you decide. Bottom line, remember that the end result of a recipe will only be as good as the quality of ingredients used. Enjoy.