Spicy Lemon Pepper Zucchini Pasta with BroccoliAdd to favorites
The key to this dish is balancing the salt, lemon juice, and oil. You want enough oil to distribute the flavors over the zucchini, but not so much oil to where it is pooling on the bottom of your bowl. You want just enough to coat the zucchini and no more. The salt and the lemon juice should even each other out; you should taste both without either being overwhelming. Start with 1 tsp of the lemon juice and then add the salt to taste.
Ingredients: 1 serving
- 1 medium to large zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tsp cold pressed olive oil, to start
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed)
- 1/2 tsp Hot Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice, or more to taste
- 1-2 Pinches Sea Salt, or to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Lemon Zest, for garnish, optional
- Spiralize your zucchini, creating “noodles”. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a potato peeler. It won’t offer the same texture but it won’t effect the flavor either. Sprinkle salt on your “noodles” and let them soften while you gather all the other ingredients today. The salt will help to release water from the zucchini, which will soften it. This isn’t necessary if you are short on time or want more of a crunch.
- Chop the broccoli florets in to small pieces.
- Slice the sun-dried tomatoes. If you don’t use oil packed sun-dried tomatoes you might want to soak them in some water to soften them up a bit.
- Combine the sun-dried tomatoes (drained of liquids), broccoli, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt, and oil. Toss to coat.
- Plate and grind fresh black pepper over the top, adding lemon zest if desired. Serve immediately.