Spinach Mushroom Marinade
Add to favorites
Tonight’s dinner was created on the basis of a mishap. Bob went to the grocery store with a list but missed reading the bottom portion so only 1/2 of the ingredients came back for the Nori Rolls that I had in mind for us to make. So the Spinach Mushroom Marinade was born!
Ingredients for Wilting the Spinach:
- 1 lb spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a large bowl, massage the spinach, salt and lemon juice until wilted. The salt and lemon juice help to break the spinach down and give a cooked appearance.
Ingredients for marinade:
- 1 Tbsp Tamari or Braggs
- 2 Tbsp cold-pressd olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 medium tomato (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced thinly)
- 7 oz button mushrooms (approx. 3 cups chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (diced)
- For the marinade – place veggies in sauce and stir until coated.
- Add in the wilted spinach and let stand for 15 to 30 minutes. Once ready…eat!
- Storage: Best to eat right away. We did store a portion of it in the fridge in a sealed container. We had to drain a little liquid off the next day and add a tad of salt, but outside of that it was wonderful.