Tahini Vegetable Medley Salad (raw, GF, vegan)
Add to favorites
Yum! This salad is Middle Eastern inspired. The sauce is amazingly addictive as well as gluten and dairy free. You will want to lick the bowl clean! I suggest making a double batch of the sauce. Any left overs of the sauce would make a wonderful salad dressing or a dipping sauce for veggies or some type of spring roll!
I made a double batch of this salad today thinking my husband could enjoy it as a side dish with tonight’s dinner and tomorrows lunch. He took one bite and ate the whole thing all by his lonesome! I take that as a compliment and it brings me a huge smile. I hope you find this Tahini Vegetable Medley Salad as addictive as I have.
I should quickly note, if you don’t own a spiralizer you can simply use a potato peeler… peeling the zucchini and carrots down to the core. This will make “fettuccine-like” noodles. I do however recommend pampering yourself with a spiralizer, they are so much fun to use, specially for kids!
You can also be create and make all sorts of veggie noodles. For inspiration, click (here).
Ingredients: serves 2-4
- 1/2 lb zucchini, spiralized (2 medium-sized)
- 2 carrots, peeled and spiralized
- 1/4 green cabbage head, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, florets only
- sesame seeds and more mint, for garnish
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos / Tamari
- 6 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp raw agave nectar or sweetener of choice
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1/2 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp stone-ground mustard
- Pinch sea salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Spiralize the zucchini and carrots. If not eating right away I suggest sprinkling the zucchini with salt. This will help to remove the water from the zucchini. Set aside as you prepare the remaining ingredients. If you plan on eating all of it right away, it’s fine to skip the salting process. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a potato peeler and make long, thin noodles.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters, using your large chef’s knife remove the core from one of the quarters and discard it. Chop into small pieces. If you are going to make large batches of this, you could easily use your food processor to ease your chopping hand.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets. Did you know you can spiralize the broccoli stems?
- Toss all the veggies together.
- Stir or using your blender, mix together the Tahini, soy replacement, water, sweetener, vinegar, hot sauce, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Tasting to adjust seasoning if needed.
- When you’re ready to serve, add the sauce to the veggies tossing it with your hands, coating everything evenly.
- Garnish with mint and sesame seeds.
- Stored in a glass container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.