Raw Velvet Chocolate Mousse
Add to favorites
Ever have one of those days where you just can’t handle one more thing on your plate? Feeling overwhelmed? Stressed? Low energy? Is there a rain cloud over your head… if any of these symptoms speak out to you, this dessert is something that you must keep on hand. Just a few spoonfuls a day will surge your body with healthy endorphins, which are bound to pick up your spirits.
Studies have shown that fats and sugars are dietary triggers that directly lead to the release of endorphins. Desserts are perhaps the highest contributor of fat and sugar in a meal. So taking a few bites of this dessert will send an instant message to your brain for the release of endorphins, giving you that moment of euphoria and who doesn’t want that?! Though desserts can definitely give you an instant gratification, I am not really suggesting that eating high fat desserts is the key to a healthy diet. It is really all about moderation. Inspired by Tessa
- ¾ cup raw coconut milk or canned (BPA free)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked 2+ hours
- 6 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- dash Himalayan pink salt
- Place the ingredients into a high powered blender in the following order; coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, stevia, vanilla, cashews, cacao powder and salt. Blend until creamy. If you feel any grit, continue blending till completely smooth. By placing the wet ingredients into the blender first, it will help the blades move more freely.
- Taste test and see if you desire more sweetener.
- The mousse will be very runny after blending. Pour into serving bowls and place in the fridge to firm up, this will take 1+ hours.
- The mousse should keep for 3-4 days in a sealed container in the fridge and several weeks in the freezer.