Wilted Kale and Veggie Salad with Sweet and Spicy Asian DressingAdd to favorites
It is time to embrace your inner rabbit!
When I made this salad for my friend, he said that he could feel the healing vibrations before the fork even hit his lips. That is a pretty powerful statement, but then so are all the amazing, healthy ingredients used in creating this salad. I clearly can’t go into detail about all of the nutritional benefits that each ingredients possesses but after you scan through, I think you will get the picture. It is a large salad, but one that you can make and enjoy throughout the week. Or scale it down to size.
Ingredients: yields 17 cups
Sauce: yields 3 cups
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted & rehydrated in hot water
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 Tbsp raw coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 heads curly kale
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbps olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped purple cabbage
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 2 cups chopped sugar snaps
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with hot water to soften while you put the rest of the recipe together. Set aside.
- In the blender add the water, almond butter, cashew butter, apple cider vinegar, ginger, coconut aminos, garlic and red pepper flakes. Remove the dates from the soak water and place the dates in the blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
- If you want a thinner dressing, add more water. If you would like to use this dressing as a dip, use less water.
- Store left over dressing in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
- Wash and dry the kale. Remove the stems. Roll the leaves tightly and cut into thin slices. Place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice, olive oil and salt over the kale.
- With your hands, massage the kale until it wilts. Set aside.
- Add to the bowl of kale; sprouts, cherry tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, sugar snaps, red pepper and onions. Toss together.
- When ready to eat, pour dressing over the salad, tossing it together, making sure to coat everything. Eat and enjoy!