Raw Maple Cinnamon Pumpkin Seeds
Add to favorites
A dear friend of ours shared with me not to long ago that he loved pumpkin seeds, in any form or fashion. I made a mental note and couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen to make him a healthy creation of one of his favorite foods. I have to admit that these turned very delightful. My fingers are crossed that he too will enjoy them. To personalize the gift I made some labels which I think added a lot of charm.
- In a large bowl combine the cinnamon, mesquite powder, salt and chia seeds.
- Add pumpkin seeds, yacon syrup, and vanilla. Mix until the seeds are well coated.
- Spread on teflex dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115 F for 8-10 hours or until dry.
- You may want to check your seeds and stir them around to help the drying process.
- Store in a glass, airtight container for several weeks.
The Institute of Culinary Ingredients:
- Why do I specify Ceylon cinnamon? Click (here) to learn why.
- What is Himalayan pink salt and does it really matter? Click (here) to read more about it.