Maple Cinnamon Pumpkin Seeds
A dear friend of ours shared with me not to long ago that he loved pumpkin seeds, in any form or fashion. I made a mental note and couldn’t wait to get in the kitchen to make him a healthy creation of one of his favorite foods. I have to admit that these turned very delightful. My fingers are crossed that he too will enjoy them. To personalize the gift I made some labels which I think added a lot of charm.
- 5 cups raw pumpkin seeds (soak for a min. of 4 hours)
- 1/2 cup yacon syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mesquite powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- In a large bowl combine the cinnamon, mesquite powder, salt and chia seeds.
- Add pumpkin seeds, yacon syrup, and vanilla. Mix until the seeds are well coated.
- Spread on teflex dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115F for 8-10 hours or until dry.
- You may want to check your seeds and stir them around to help the drying process.