Raw Sun Warrior Banana Smoothie
Add to favorites
Yesterday I got some sample packages of Sun Warrior Protein (Raw Vegan) Powder. I have been wanting to try this for a while now but I couldn’t bring myself to buying a huge package of it not knowing if I can even handle the taste.
So many times in the past I have bought protein powders, spending a chunk of money on them, only to bring them home to find out that I can’t handle the taste. I dislike wasting money like that.
So, I sent an email to Sun Warrior asking them if they had some sample packages of their protein powders that they could send me. Two days later they arrived in my mailbox, now that is customer service.
So today, I added some of the vanilla flavored protein powder to my smoothie and to be honest I like it. I have a sample package of chocolate and natural flavor, so I will wait and see which one I like the best before I buy it. But so far I am impressed. Below, I shared some information from their site regarding the protein powder. It’s worth reading over.
Blending fruits and vegetables together breaks down the cells of plants and improves digestibility. BUT even with that, be sure to chew your smoothies. The chewing process starts the release of the saliva in your mouth. The mixture of saliva and your food is where digestion begins. This is a very healthy habit to get into. It may feel strange at first but soon it will become an automatic response.
- Soak the chia seeds in 1 cup of water for about 15 minutes in the blender carafe. Enough for them to swell up.
- The first thing to add into your blender is the liquid. This will the greens move more freely when blending.
- Start with 1 cup. After everything is added, feel free to add more if desired.
- The more liquid you add, the more watery or runnier the smoothie will be.
- Add the spinach and blend until it is broken down.
- Blending in stages prevents chunks.
- Add the frozen banana, psyllium, bee pollen, cinnamon, protein powder, sweetener, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- I always recommend frozen bananas over fresh. Make a habit out of storing overripe, peeled bananas in the freezer for future smoothies.
- A dash of a high quality salt will increase the minerals and improve the taste of your smoothie.
- When adding psyllium, be sure to really get it blended in. Click (here) if you want to read more about this ingredient.
- A good green smoothie should be absolutely, perfectly smooth.
- Optional – Add ice
- Always add the ice last, otherwise you may over blend the ice and it will make your smoothie watery rather than frosty.
- I usually only add ice if my fruit wasn’t frozen.
- Learn how to design you own smoothies by reading through my, Template for Designing Smoothie Recipes.
- Made with 80% protein, Sunwarrior has the Highest (non soy) raw (Not Heated over 90 Degrees) whole grain sprouted vegan protein on the market.
- By using a third generation process, we have created the best tasting vegetable protein on the market that has a silky smooth texture that blends well and tastes great compared with other chalky & grainy vegetable proteins.
- We use an old world process of combining the sprouted endosperm and the bran from Raw Sprouted Whole Grain Brown Rice. This unique process creates the first complete hypoallergenic Protein which is made up of all 9 essential amino acids and other non-essential amino acids in a perfectly balanced amino acid profile.
- Sunwarrior has a 98% Correlation rate to Mothers Milk and a 98.2% digestion efficiency making it one of the highest digestibility and efficiency ratings of any other protein sources (compared to whey and soy).
- Highest Net Protein Utilization score of any vegetable based protein and the highest ratio of amino acids converted to proteins.
- Sunwarrior is created with a Low Temperature natural Enzyme process that does not use any chemicals or acid hydrolysis (like most proteins do).
- Sunwarrior Protein is naturally rich in Vitamins and Minerals and contains high amounts of Antioxidants, Tocopherols, Tocotrienols and other essential nutrients — such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, phosphorous, iron and potassium.
- Using Sunwarrior Increases the efficacy and absorption of vitamins and minerals. There has been a direct correlation between the use of Sunwarrior Protein and the absorption of vitamins.
- Because Sunwarrior Protein is so digestible it can be easily assimilated by infants, the elderly and adults — The World Health Organization may be using Sunwarrior Protein in the future to feed malnourished individuals because of the hypoallergenic profile and superior absorption that Sunwarrior has been shown to have.
- There is currently a clinical trial which shows promise that Sunwarrior Protein aids in the absorption of vitamins in Aids patients. There has been a direct correlation between the use of Sunwarrior Protein and the absorption of vitamins in Aids patients where other proteins do not provide such synergistic affects during the intake.
- Weight Loss – Clinical studies in Japan have shown that by providing Rice Protein as a staple in a diet it can act as a weight control vehicle. This is especially because of superior absorption rates.
- Cholesterol – Clinical studies have shown promise that Sunwarrior has cholesterol lowering potential and the USDA is currently using Sunwarrior in trials to see if it may help control high blood pressure.
- Unlike the extraction processes of other proteins, our method of extraction uses neither chemicals nor acid hydrolysis. We only use Organic Enzymes during the process and our process is 100% Organic Compliant.