Sweet Spinach Hemp Smoothie
Add to favorites
This morning marked day 1 of my 30 day smoothie / 100% raw adventure. Eating 100% raw is not new to me. A few years ago I was 100% for a complete year and in between then and now I have been eating high raw. I am using the following 30 days to really saturate my body with a variety of nutrients and healthy fats. I am trying to keep my fruits at a minimum in these smoothies, hence the intense green color this morning. :) I added 2 handfuls of ice to it which bumped it up from 32 oz to 36 oz.
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 oz kale (1 leaf approx.)
- 5 oz banana, frozen (1 medium)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp NuStevia Powder
- In a high-speed blender I first combined the water and greens first. Blending those until the greens were broken down.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until nice and smooth. Drink immediately.
- Calories: 376
- Fat: 14.9
- Fiber: 10.6
- Carbs: 51.4
- Sodium: 163.3
- Protein: 18.9
Today’s Ingredient Highlights!
- Omega fatty acids offer many benefits. They help in weight loss because they produce long-term appetite satisfaction and they also help the cardiovascular, immune, reproductive, and central nervous systems on a minute to minute basis every day.
- Other benefits of hemp seed come from the fiber content (which is important for the digestive system) and is an adequate source of calcium and iron.
- Studies have shown that just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL cholesterol.
- Several studies suggest that cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes.
- When added to food, it inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
- Cinnamon has extremely high anti-oxidant activity, and the oil of cinnamon has strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Cinnamon is also a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium. As a result, it has been used as an effective home remedy for:
- Reducing blood sugar levels and treating Type 2 Diabetes.
- Lowering cholesterol.
- Aiding digestion.
- Treating diarrhea.
- Curing the common cold.
- Reducing arthritis pain.
- Boosting memory and cognitive function.
- Treating toothaches.
- Eliminating bad breath.
- Curing headaches and migraine pain.
- Cinnamon is also known to be beneficial for those with hypothyroidism. Just add 1/2 tsp into your diet daily!