Ummm, yummy. This soup is very refreshing, especially if you can get your hands on some really fresh, sweet corn on the cob! Unfortunately, I had to use frozen corn but even with that it was soooo good.
- 2 cups of fresh corn, organic
- 2 1/2 cups young Thai coconut water, no meat
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet corn kernels
- Blend all the ingredients, except the corn, until semi-smooth.
- Add the corn to the blender and pulse for 5 seconds. **If you can’t get fresh organic corn, I would use organic frozen corn.
- Cover and set aside at room temperature to mature for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Pour the sweet corn soup into 2 soup bowls.
- Add the corn kernels on top and give a gentle stir, making sure that there are still some on top.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and Italian Parsley, however you like.
GreenChef Omid | Sweet Corn and Celery Raw Soup