Sweet Corn & Celery Soup (raw, GF, vegan)
Add to favorites
Ummm, yummy. This soup is very refreshing, especially if you can get your hands on some really fresh, sweet corn on the cob! Unfortunately, I had to use frozen corn but even with that it was soooo good.
- 2 cups of fresh corn, organic
- 2 1/2 cups young Thai coconut water, no meat
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- Fresh black pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet corn kernels
- Blend all the ingredients, except the corn, until semi-smooth.
- Add the corn to the blender and pulse for 5 seconds. **If you can’t get fresh organic corn, I would use organic frozen corn.
- Cover and set aside at room temperature to mature for 10 – 20 minutes.
- Pour the sweet corn soup into 2 soup bowls.
- Add the corn kernels on top and give a gentle stir, making sure that there are still some on top.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and Italian Parsley, however you like.
GreenChef Omid | Sweet Corn and Celery Raw Soup