Nasturtium Cream Cheese Spread
Edible flowers have always fascinated me but due to being naive to what is edible and what is not, I have always steered clear of using them. So, I finally decided to educate myself and do some research. If you are interesting in viewing a quick reference for Edible Flowers, click here.
I stumbled upon a blog site called cafenilson.com and they had a recipe for Nasturtium Butter. So, I converted the recipe to raw. Nasturtium Blossoms have a sweet, spicy flavor similar to watercress.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked min. 2 hours
- 3 Tbsp cold pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 20 naturtium blooms, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend into a smooth cream.
- Add just a few tablespoons of water at first, and add an additional tablespoon at a time as you blend until you reach the consistency that you’re aiming for.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.