Olive & Sun-dried Tomato Nut Cheese (raw, GF, vegan)
Add to favorites
- 2 cups raw macadamias, soaked 4 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp probiotics powder
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a strainer that has been lined with cheesecloth and place a weight on top. The weight should not be so heavy that it pushes the cheese through the cloth, but heavy enough to gently start to press the liquid out.
- Leave to ferment for 48 hours at room temperature.
Once fermentation is complete stir or process in the following ingredients:
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Then stir in the following:
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked 2 hours and drained
- Use a metal ring to spoon the cheese into.
- When full gently remove the metal ring and repeat until all the cheese has been used.
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up a little. This is best done overnight.