Apple Butter Spread (raw, GF, vegan, nut-free)
Add to favorites
Apple Butter Spread is a great staple to have in the fridge. It is wonderful on breads, crackers, in smoothies and even in porridge recipes. Not to mention just eating it just by the spoonful when the munchies set in.
The ground chia really helps this spread to set up. I used Pink Lady apples which really lends a scrumptious sweet taste. So when you make this recipe just keep in mind that the type of apple that you use will effect the flavor. You also may need to adjust the sweeteners that you use based on the level of sweetness of the apples. Enjoy, amie sue
- 3 apples, cored, peeled, rough chopped
- 2 Tbsp raw agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp date paste or 2 Mejool dates
- 5 tsp chia seed, ground
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground clove
- pinch Himalayan pink salt
- In a blender combine the apples, agave, dates, lemon juice, ground chia, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Process until smooth. The butter will thicken as it sits due to the chia.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.