Chocolate Raspberry Spinners
Chocolate Raspberry Spinners are so incredibly full of flavor, I just love them. The raspberry really comes through with a yummy taste of freshness. Here is an interesting fact: Raspberries when picked the stem remains with the plant, blackberries, on the other hand, come away from bush with the core still intact in the center of the berry. Raspberries are high in potassium, vitamin A and calcium, and contain about 50% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. So make this recipe or, just grab a pint, sit on the front porch and pop them in your mouth one by one! :)
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 cups rolled oats, raw & gluten-free
- 1 cup oat flour (see #1 below)
- 1 cup raw almond butter, raw, fresh ground
- 2 cups raspberries, organic (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar
- 1/8 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Recipe for Chocolate Banana Wraps
- To make your oat flour, place 1 cup raw oats in the food processor and process until it becomes a fine powder.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. You may need to stop a few times and scrap the sides and spread the dough around evenly.
- Spread 3 1/2 cups of batter on your chocolate wrap. Start rolling the wrap nice and tight. When you reach the end, wet the edge with water to seal the roll.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer or fridge so it can firm up for cutting purposes.
- Once your slices are cut, place them flat on the mesh sheets that come with your dehydrator.
- Dehydrate on 105 degrees for approx. 8 hours or until desired texture is reached. These will freeze beautifully and keep for several months.