Add to favorites
What is cacao butter?
- RAW Cacao butter is edible and possesses an extraordinary rich, delicious chocolate aroma.
- Cacao butter, also known as cocoa butter, is a pure vegetable fat that’s extracted from the cacao bean.
- Add a piece of this butter to your favorite smoothie, dessert, ice cream or chocolate creation. Because it has not been damaged by heat, cacao butter melts easily and blends nicely into any type of recipe.
- Cacao Butter makes a great dessert when mixed with coconut oil, agave and cacao.
- Cacao Butter may be used as a skin moisturizer. It may be used as (or in conjunction with) a massage oil.
- Stir some into agave syrup, maple syrup or honey for a luscious raw chocolate syrup, or make a remarkably rich pudding by combining a tablespoon of raw cacao butter, two tablespoons of cocoa power, a medium avocado and a few drops of vanilla extract in a food processor.
Where does it come from?
- It is the pure oil of the cacao bean.
- Cacao Butter is the source of white chocolate.
Store in a cool, dry place. High quality cacao butter can have a long shelf-life (over a year).
What can I do with raw organic cocoa butter?
– Make chocolate candies and bars.
– Create creamy chocolate ice cream.
– Sprinkle it on top of your salad.
– Mix it with raw cocoa powder and dip berries in it.
– Combine it with raw agave nectar or honey for chocolate syrup.
– Make chocolate pudding by blending it with cocoa powder & avocado.
– Add it to your super foods (goji, maca, etc.) for an extra nutrient boost.
– Massage it into your skin.
– And much more!
Health Benefits: (gathered by David Wolfe)
Cacao polyphenols have been scientifically shown to:
1. Lower blood pressure
2. Lower vascular cell adhesion
3. Increase circulating Nitric Oxide
4.Decrease platelet aggregation
5. Decrease rates of death from cardiac mortality and all mortality in general
6. Improve insulin sensitivity
7. Decrease fasting insulin
8. Increase blood flow to the brain
9. Inhibit plasma lipid oxidation
10. Decrease chronic inflammation in the body and cardio-vascular system in general.
Please keep in mind this is an ingredient and not meant to be eaten as is.