Chia Gel is an excellent staple to keep in your fridge. If you want to read more info on chia you can check this post out. You can also Google “chia” and you will find tons of information about it.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- Stir the mixture well, to avoid clumping, then leave it in your fridge, in a sealed jar.
- Shelf life is approx. 3 weeks.
- You can start to use it within 10 minutes of sitting, but if you allow it to sit for 2+ hours more of the nutrients become easily accessible.
- This is a wonderful staple to always have on hand.
- You can add it to smoothies, make salad dressing with it, puddings, cookie batters, and so much more.
- You can also soak your seeds in your favorite fruit juice, instead of water.
- Add the gel, between 50% to 75% by volume, to any of the non-bake mentioned foods, mix well and taste. You will notice a very smooth texture with the integrity of the flavor intact. In addition to adding up to 50% to 75% more volume to the foods used, you have displaced calories and fat by incorporating an ingredient that is 90% water. Use as a fat replacer.