Almond Coconut Chocolate Crust
Add to favorites
- 2 cups of shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 8 pitted Mejool dates or approx. 1/4 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Preparation of crust:
- Put the shredded coconut in a food processor outfitted with the “S” blade and process to flour.
- Add almonds, salt and cocoa powder and process again to a coarse meal.
- Add dates, dropping them through the chute of the food processor one date at a time.
- You only need enough to make the ingredients stick together. Process until mixture is homogenized.
- Press crust into a pie pan or spring form pan. Set aside
This crust is also used in my California Mudslide Pie