Macadamia Pecan Lime Zest Crust
Add to favorites
- 1 cup raw pecans, soaked and dehydrated
- 1 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup packed pitted Mejool dates
- 1 Tbsp lime zest, use organics for this
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place the pecans, macadamia nuts, cinnamon and salt in a food processor outfitted with a “S” blade and process to a crumbly meal.
- Add dates and process again. Mixture should be loose yet hold together when pressed firmly into your palm. Do not over process or the natural oils will separate from the fiber.
- Pulse in lime zest. Set aside 1/4 cup of the crust mixture. Press mixture into a 9” deep glass dish and set aside.
Tip: This crust is used in my Key-Lime Pie recipe. My favorite way to serving Key-Lime pie, in individual cuplets. It makes it easy for guests to grab and mingle, it’s not messy and it provides portion control. The key-lime pie is so rich.