Asian Curried Cabbage Slaw
This Asian Curried Cabbage Slaw is fresh and tangy. It is vegan, raw, gluten and dairy free. This would be absolutely yummy served in a wrap! I can’t wait to try that. I love Asian flavors and this recipe satisfies that craving.
Dry Ingredients: = 6 cups
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded (2 cups)
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded (2 cups)
- 2 carrots, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup raisins
Wet Ingredients: = 1 cup dressing
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raw mayo (see below)
- 2 Tbsp Nama Shoyu
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp raw agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Shred the cabbage either by hand with a knife or in your food processor. Same with the carrots. Place in a large bowl adding in the coconut flakes.
- In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients and spices. Mix well.
- Toss together all ingredients, making sure cabbage is evenly coated.
- If possible, chill for at least an hour and toss thoroughly again before serving. This will allow all the flavors to mingle and blend.
Ingredients for the mayonnaise:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hrs or more
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2-3 soft dates, pitted (soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes to soften)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil - to be added last
Preparation for mayo:
- Puree all ingredients, except oil, in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. I find a blender works best. You need to process it until you don’t feel any graininess in the batter.
- While continuing to blend, add oil in a steady stream, until emulsified.
- Store in a tightly sealed container the fridge for up to 2 weeks.