Radish, Cucumber, Apple Salad
This beautiful Radish, Cucumber and Apple Salad is light, crisp and refreshing. Perfect for a warm summer day. I don’t know about you, but when it is hot outside I tend to crave “cooling” dishes. There is a fine balance between sweet, sour, and spicy in this delicious salad. I recommend using English cucumbers because they have fewer seeds. Often you will hear people complain that cucumbers cause gas and burping. The cause of this is the seeds found in cucumbers. So if you do need to use regular cucumbers and if they do cause you some “tummy” troubles, you still can go ahead and use them, just scrape the seeds out before you put them in the salad.
Recipe converted to raw from: Generation Y Foodie
Ingredients: makes 2 servings
- 2 medium organic apple, sliced thin (3 cups)
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced thin ( 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced thin (2 1/2 cups )
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 3 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Optional: garnish with white sesame seeds
- Using a sharp knife or mandolin slice the apple, radish and cucumber in thin slices. I left the skins on for color and added nutrients. Just be sure to wash them thoroughly and to use organic produce.
- In a small bowl combine; olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic and black pepper. Whisk together and pour over the produce. Toss gently until everything is well coated.
- Chill in fridge till you are ready to eat!