For breakfast this morning I made Almond Butter and Apple Chia Porridge for my Mother. She is here visiting from Alaska….OOOOH a new “test subject”! haha She said this recipe is a keeper and just loved it. It is very filling, packed full of wholesome nutrients and just downright scrumptious.
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds (soaked in 1 1/2 cup water)
- 1/2 cup fresh apple sauce
- 3 dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp raw almond butter
- 2 Tbsp buckwheat, soaked, sprouted and dehydrated
- Topping options: craisins and banana slices
- Soak chia seeds in water for at least 20 minutes. Chia seeds can sit in soak water for hours and/or days in the fridge if you want to be prepared in advance.
- Place soaked chia seeds, apple sauce, dates, and almond butter in the blender and process until well blended. Transfer to a a bowl.
- Add in your choice of toppings and buckwheat. Serve immediately.
- This makes one large bowl for a “hungry man” breakfast or 2 servings.