Who doesn’t appreciate a hearty granola cereal for breakfast!? This one is packed full of flavor and nutrition. To be honest it tasted just as good before I dehydrated it. I could have eaten a bowl of it then! You can really customize this recipe as well by adding any of your favorite dried fruits to it. It would taste wonderful with fresh sliced bananas on top as well. Here I am serving it with fresh almond milk that I had just made.
Ingredients: yield 4-5 cups
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats, soaked
- 4 cup organic apple, chopped(3 medium apples)
- 3/4 cup raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar (if desired, use only 1/4 cup sweetener plus stevia, to taste)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup raisins (melody mix is pretty)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pulse diced apples in food processor till they are chunky.
- Add nut butter, sweeteners, and coconut oil. Blend till well mixed but too much where it becomes a puree.
- Hand stir oats, cinnamon and salt together. This will help to coat the oats in the cinnamon, distributing the flavor.
- Mix together oats, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour the contents from the food processor over the dry ingredients and stir until oats are well covered.
- Spread mixture evenly onto nonstick teflex dehydrator sheets. Mixture should be no more than 1/2-inch thick, the thinner you spread the mixture the quicker it will dry.
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 8-10 hrs.
- If kept well-sealed, this will keep fresh for 2 weeks.