Raw Banana Bread Toast Sticks
Add to favorites
I am a little loss for words as to what to say about this recipe. Banana bread…. I mean really, do I really have to explain how amazingly, delicious, delectable, scrumptous and heavenly, this recipe is?!! After I pulled these sticks out of the dehydrator I gathered them up, tucked them under my arm and headed out the door. We are in the midst of opening a new store and someone (looks around) has to keep these guys fed! So, I took them down to the job site and shared them with the tile workers, the electricians, the movers, the designers and anyone else who crossed my path. The consensus? YUM!!! Do you need any further convincing?
Ingredients: yields 4 1/2 cups batter
- In a large bowl combine the almond pulp, mashed bananas, water, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, ground flax and raisins. Mix well with your hands, making sure everything is well blended.
- Spread the batter 1/4″ thick on the teflex sheets that come with the dehydrator. Square off the edges and then score into sticks. Optional: sprinkle crushed pecans on top.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees (F) for 4-6 hours. Flip the sheet over on to the mesh sheet and peel the teflex sheet off. Continue drying for another 4 hours until it reaches the level of dryness that is desired.
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
The Institute of Culinary Ingredients:
- To learn more about maple syrup by clicking (here).
- Why do I specify Ceylon cinnamon? Click (here) to learn why.
- What is Himalayan pink salt and does it really matter? Click (here) to read more about it.