Almond Thin Crackers (raw, GF, vegan)
Add to favorites
This cracker is a simple recipe as well as simple in taste. I love for my crackers to pack a punch in flavor but sometimes I want a cracker that is just really is a vehicle for other flavorful spreads or dips. I liken it to a saltine cracker. It doesn’t taste like one but a saltine is plain cracker that doesn’t lend much flavor and pairs beautifully with any topping. This recipes does just that.
The binder in this recipe is the ground flax. Once water is added it starts to thicken and almost has an elastic feel to it as you start to spread it around the dehydrator tray. This is normal.
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1/2-1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Finishing salt for top
- In the food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, grind almonds, salt until fine.
- Add flax seeds and pulse together.
- Add water and extract. Process until well mixed. It will seem very thin at first. Let it rest for 15+ minutes. This will give the flax time to thicken.
- Spread on the teflex dehydrator sheets and sprinkle with a coarse finishing salt.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour and then reduce temperature to 115 degrees (F) for about 8 hrs. Flip after 3-4 hours. At this point, score the crackers into desired shapes and sizes. Continue dehydrating until crisp.
- Stores well for 2 weeks-1 month in an air tight container.