Fruity Flax Snack’n Crackers (raw, GF, vegan)
Add to favorites
These are wonderful snacks to keep around the house. They are not overpowering in sweetness.
Just enough to satisfy your cravings.
- 2 cups of flax seeds
- 4 cups young Thai coconut water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 1 cup pineapple, dried
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 ground flax
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients together in a large bowl except for the ground flax.
- You will be using the coconut water to help the flax create a gel, plus it will rehydrate the dried fruits. Add more coconut water if needed. You want about 1/4″ of liquid above the mixture.
- Soak for 8 hours
- Add the ground flax seeds and mix by hand real well.
- Let your mixture sit for about 15 minutes. This will give the ground flax time to really thicken things up.
- Spread 2 cups of mixture on the teflex sheet that comes along with your dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour, then decrease to 105 degrees for approx. 16 hours. This cracker won’t become crisp, it will remain chewy.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge to extent the shelf life.