Fruity Flax Snack’n Crackers
Add to favorites
These are wonderful snacks to keep around the house. They are not overpowering in sweetness.
Just enough to satisfy your cravings.
- 2 cups of flax seeds
- 4 cups young Thai coconut water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 1 cup pineapple, dried
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 ground flax
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients together in a large bowl except for the ground flax.
- You will be using the coconut water to help the flax create a gel, plus it will rehydrate the dried fruits. Add more coconut water if needed. You want about 1/4″ of liquid above the mixture.
- Soak for 8 hours
- Add the ground flax seeds and mix by hand real well.
- Let your mixture sit for about 15 minutes. This will give the ground flax time to really thicken things up.
- Spread 2 cups of mixture on the teflex sheet that comes along with your dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour, then decrease to 105 degrees for approx. 16 hours. This cracker won’t become crisp, it will remain chewy.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge to extent the shelf life.