Italian Seasoned Croutons (using almond meal)
Add to favorites
I already made a wonderful recipe using almond pulp, which is the left over remains from making almond milk. Because I don’t always have extra pulp on hand I thought I was play around and see how they would turn out using almond meal. Almond meal is ground almonds, not the left over pulp. There is a difference. You can purchase almond meal these days or you can simply make it which I recommend because you will have been control over the quality of your product. In the end, I preferred using the almond pulp for the lighter texture. I just wanted you to have an option.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond meal, water, nutritional yeast, Braggs, Italian seasoning and onion powder, mix well. I used my hands to make sure it was well incorporated.
- Place batter on the teflex sheet that comes with you dehydrator, press it out with your hands.
- Place a second teflex sheet over the top of the batter and using a rolling-pin, roll out nice and evenly. The thickness is whatever you desire.
- Remove the top teflex sheet after rolling it out and using a pizza cuter or off-set spatula, create small squares.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees (F) for 45 mins, then reduce to 115 degrees (F) and dehydrate until dry.
- Store in a sealed, glass container.
Yields: 1 dehydrator tray