Chocolate Cake with Ganache Frosting
Tonight, Bob and I got busy in the kitchen again. Except, this dessert was far too easy to make! It took longer to do the dishes than it did to make the cake! I encourage you to give this rich chocolate dessert a try. It is sure to satisfy that sweet tooth! This cake is gluten and dairy free.
Chocolate Cake Ingredients: Yield: A 6-inch cake
- 3 cups raw walnuts (soaked & dehydrated)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 16 pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp filtered water
- 1/3 cup chocolate ganache (below)
- Unsweetened shredded dried coconut (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Place the walnuts and salt in a food processor fitted with the S-blade process until finely ground.
- Add the dates and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and process until the powder is incorporated.
- Add the water and process briefly.
- Line a 6-inch cake pan with a parchment-paper round
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pan and distribute it evenly.
- Press down with your hand to compact.
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
Yield: 1 cup
- 3/4 cup dark agave syrup or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 tsp plus a pinch salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender jar with a rubber spatula.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake.
- Place a serving plate upside down on top of the cake pan.
- Invert, then lift the pan off.
- Remove the parchment round.
- Using a small offset spatula, frost with the chocolate ganache.
- Allow some of the ganache to drizzle down the sides of the cake.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish each serving with dried coconut and/or fresh raspberries, if desired.
Recipe brought to you by Jennifer Cornbleet.