Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake
The fresh, light, delicate flavor of this cheesecake is melt in your mouth goodness. The pairing of the sweet raspberries along with the sour lemon is just enough to make your mouth water. This is recipe is rich but not over the top sugary. I will be making this again in the future. Thank you Sweet Gratitude for the inspiration of my creation!
Ingredients for Crust:
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 3 oz date paste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
Preparation for Crust:
- You will be using your food processor for the crust.
- Add to the FP, the nuts, salt, vanilla and 1/2 the amount of date paste.
- Process all ingredients until the crust starts to rise on the sides of the bowl. Be sure to stop and scrap the sides down.
- Repeat a few times until the nuts are broken down well.
- Add the remaining date paste and continue processing until the mixture is consistent. The final crust dough should hold together when you pinch it between your fingers.
- Assemble the Springform pan with the bottom facing up. Opposite way from how it comes assembled. This will help you when removing the cheesecake from the pan, not having to fight with the lip). Lightly grease the pan with coconut oil.
- Distribute the crust evenly on the bottom of the pan, using even and gentle pressure. If you press to hard it might stick, making it hard to remove slices. You can either just make the crust on the bottom of the pan or you can also bring it up the sides. It is up to you.
- Set aside while you make the cheesecake batter.
Ingredients for Cheesecake batter:
- 3 cups soaked raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup raw agave syrup
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp liquid vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp lecithin *added at the very end*
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted *added at the very end*
- 1 pint of organic raspberries, to mix in batter
- 2 pints of organic raspberries, for decoration (if desired)
- Add to the blender all of the ingredients except for the coconut oil and lecithin. These will be added towards the very end.
- Blend until nice a creamy. This can take 3-5 minutes.
- Stop the blending and add the coconut oil and lecithin .
- Resume blending until all is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the Springform pan. Fill to the top.
- Place your cheesecake in the freezer to set for 1-2 hours or until the middle of the cake is firm to the touch. Storage and life shelf: This cheesecake will keep for at least 4 days. Store in fridge, covered.
Now it is ready for the freezer so it can set up, this will take 1-2 hours. Decorate and EAT!!
Post update: This evening I made individual servings to take to a birthday part. This recipe made 18 cups.