Delicate Vanilla Frosting (raw, GF, vegan)
Add to favorites
Delicate Vanilla Frosting is a beautiful frosting with just the right balance for any sweet dessert. You can easily adjust this recipe to your own taste by adding flavored extracts. This frosting will soften at room temperature so be sure to keep your frosted dessert in the fridge until ready to serve. It should store well in the fridge for about a week in an airtight sealed container.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1 1/8 cup young Thai coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp sunflower lecithin
- To make coconut milk, blend the coconut water and meat of 1 young Thai coconut. This makes more than what you need for the recipe. Use the leftovers on granola or just drink it! If you don’t have access to young Thai coconuts you can use any nut milk.
- After the cashews have soaked, drain the water and rinse them well. Cashews don’t have enzyme inhibitors so the purpose for soaking the cashews is to help soften them so you can get a nice smooth frosting texture.
- Combine all the ingredients in your blender except for the oil and lecithin, blending until smooth and creamy. This will take 1-2 minutes. Test it for smoothness.
- With the blender running, drizzle in the coconut oil. Once that is well incorporated add in the lecithin and finish blending.
- Chill the frosting in the fridge for about 30 minutes. so it can firm up.