Whipped Vanilla Coconut Cream Frosting
Add to favorites
I am always in search of finding or creating the ultimate frosting recipe and I think I finally can rest with this one in my kitchen recipe box! I adapted this recipe from Cafe Gratitude. I modified it a tad and it came out perfect’o! This frosting is great on cookies and cakes. Not to mention right off the spoon. As a little girl I always found great pleasure in eating frosting right out of the container. Betty Crocker, whipped cream cheese frosting…yum! But goodness, now I look back and can only imagine how much sugar I ingested as a child. This recipe makes a hefty dose, 4 cups worth to be exact. It will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days in a sealed container.
Yields: 4 cups
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked (min. of 1 hour)
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lecithin*
- 1 cup raw cold pressed coconut oil*
- 1/4 cup Irish moss
- Add to blender all ingredients except the coconut oil and lecithin.
- Blend well until smooth and creamy (3-5 mins).
- Stop blending and add the lecithin and melted coconut oil.
- Resume blending until oil and lecithin are well incorporated.
- Add in the Irish moss and blend till incorporated.
- Tip: blend really well! If the frosting doesn’t taste rich and flavorful, add another small pinch of salt and blend a little longer.