Spiced Vanilla Blueberry Fruit Leather
The base of this fruit leather is blueberries but the partnership between the cinnamon and vanilla, really marry the whole thing together. As you read through the ingredient list, you will find that I used Irish Moss gel in this recipe. I was experimenting. I wanted to see if it would make any difference in the texture of the leather. It seemed to “fluff” it up a tad but if you can’t get your hands on Irish Moss, this recipe will work without it. Enjoy!
yields 3 cups
- 4 cups fresh organic blueberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds, ground
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp liquid stevia (I use NuNaturals)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Irish moss gel
- In a spice or coffee grinder, grind 2 Tbsp chia seeds into a powder and set aside.
- In the blender or food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, combine all of the ingredients and blend until it is smooth.
- Set aside for 10 mins. This will allow the chia to thicken the puree.
- Pour the mix onto the teflex sheet that comes with the dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 145 degrees (F) for 1 hour, then reduce temp to 105 degrees (F) for about 16 (+/-) hours. Flip the wrap over about half way through the drying process.
- Wrap in plastic and store in the fridge for up to 3 months or in the freezer for up to 12 months.