Almond Butter Stuffed “Roaches” – Halloween
Ok, Almond Butter Stuffed Roaches sounds downright disgusting. I agree, it does! But it is fun to walk around the Halloween Party asking the guests if they would like a Stuffed Roach! I ran out of time so I didn’t get a picture of the final display. I had them on a platter and sprinkled rubber roaches in amongst them. Yep, gross but gosh they sure did taste good. And “they” are wrong, they don’t taste anything like chicken.
- 40 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Prepare all the dates by making a slit along one side of the date with a sharp paring knife. Be careful that you don’t cut the cut completely in half. If you accidentally do, don’t worry about it to much, they will stick together in the end.
- Remove the pit from each date and set aside.
- Mix the almond butter, salt, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until everything is well combined.
- Place the batter in a piping bag that has a medium-sized tip.
- Place the piping tip at the end of the dates and squeeze the almond butter out making a strip along the slit.
- Repeat with the remaining dates, and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.